Question ASUS Laptop freezes while trying to load windows, restarts after 5 minutes.

Ji6

Jun 8, 2021
Hi, i am new here.

Recently i started having problems with my ASUS laptop, it's a X541NA.

While trying to load into windows, the spinning circles show up, but after a few seconds, it freezes and HDD activity stops, then it restarts after a few minutes.

I've also tried booting into the windows installation media, but it also freezes, but when i remove the harddrive, it boots. I tried booting into a Windows 10 PE USB and even without a hard disk plugged in it still doesn't boot.

Also, i've noticed that the ASUS logo appears slower than before. Before it took between 2 to 5 seconds, now 5 to 10 seconds. I tried reflashing the BIOS, even downgrading but the only thing i get is "Selected file is not a proper BIOS." So could it be a BIOS problem?

Is there something i can try to fix this? Thanks.

Ji6

Jun 8, 2021
Hey friend, sorry for the pains of a freezing laptop but I must tell you that this seems to be a recurrence problem to this particular laptop as a friend of mine experienced the same freezing issue with his and a host of others online have made the same complain.

This actually seems to be more of a hardware issue (motherboard) rather than a software issue. I'll suggest you take it back to Asus if you still have the warranty to save you from the stress

Hey, sorry for the late response.

I don't know if i should be lucky or unlucky to think that i'm not the only one with this problem, since every laptop i have breaks and have weird issues that can't be resolved.

But, i was looking more into the problem, and i realized that if i plug in a keyboard and a usb, with the hdd plugged in, the keyboard doesn't work at all, and if i remove the hdd, it will try to boot into the usb or go to the bios, and from there i realized that it detects 2 HID keyboards, even tho it's just one. I was thinking if this problem was related to USB bus, chip?

And sadly, i don't have the warranty anymore.