Asus laptop keys not working

samhaus

Commendable
May 30, 2016
How do I fix my keyboard issues on my Asus laptop? I bought it new in 2015, and it’s a F555LD. I’m running Windows 10. For the majority of the time, the number keys above the letters don’t work, except for 5 and 6. Using either shift key does not help either. Parts of the side number keypad don’t work either. The backspace key also doesn’t always work. Mainly the letter p is an issue too.

I’ve noticed that in Microsoft Word I don’t always have this issue. It’ll be temperamental, and then after a while they’ll all work again, and then won’t. This is extremely frustrating – one, I paid almost $1000 for a laptop and I expect it to work, and two, I’m in grade 12 and need this for all of my schoolwork.

Any ideas on fixing this? I’ve tried looking for drivers on the Asus website and the page was down every time I looked for it. Restarting it will fix it briefly. I’d really appreciate help here.

Thanks!
Sam

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to uninstall/reinstall the Keyboard driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the Keyboard driver.
- Reboot the laptop once uninstalled and it should reinstall the driver automatically upon reboot.
- After the reboot do test the keyboard again and see if the same problem will persist or not.
- If it will still not work connect an external USB keyboard and see if it will work normally or not.
- If the using an external keyboard will work just fine that means the problem is the built in keyboard and replacing it would be the solution.
- But if the same problem will persist using an external keyboard that means you need to reinstall Windows.