ASUS laptop turns off while charging. Won't turn back on.

Angela_7

Estimable
Oct 22, 2015
While I was charging my ASUS laptop, it suddenly turned off. I know that the laptop was still charging because the light was still orange. I tried pressing the power button. It turned on momentarily about 3 seconds and turned off again while still charging. After a few tries, I decided to let it charge until the light would turn green. After a while, I noticed that there was no light on the laptop indicating that it was being charged, even though the charger's light was still on. Now, I have no idea if it is the charger or the laptop that's broken. My laptop still won't turn on. I'm panicking.

Solution
Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help in resolving that issue.

- Do a hard reset, remove the battery and AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds. Plug just the AC adapter and see if the laptop turns on normally.
- If it doesn't work you may need to reseat the RAM, take them off from the laptop for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure that it's well seated into each slot.

If there's no light or what so ever on the laptop do test the AC adapter first using a voltage meter to determine if it's producing enough voltage to power the laptop or charge the battery. If you have another AC adapter that has the same voltage please do try it with your laptop to identify if it's the culprit.
Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help in resolving that issue.

- Do a hard reset, remove the battery and AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds. Plug just the AC adapter and see if the laptop turns on normally.
- If it doesn't work you may need to reseat the RAM, take them off from the laptop for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure that it's well seated into each slot.

If there's no light or what so ever on the laptop do test the AC adapter first using a voltage meter to determine if it's producing enough voltage to power the laptop or charge the battery. If you have another AC adapter that has the same voltage please do try it with your laptop to identify if it's the culprit.

Solution

bncavillx

Commendable
Oct 25, 2016
hi! what to do if after a forced shutdown it wont turn on again? The charger indicator is on, also the light indicating the laptop is on but the screen stays black and drive indicator light is not turning on.... please help me :(