Asus laptop wont boot need help

The_Choice

Estimable
Nov 17, 2015
Im new to this page and i dont know if a thread is a how to ask a question but ill give it a shot my asus x54c has been having tons of problems lately and there unusual problems aswell so i cant find anything on the web to help me so here it is my asus laptop has been turning itself off lately when i move it a certain way(tipping it) and it was almost like something was shorting out on it because it would instantaneously shut itself off and not too long after one morning i went to turn it on and the lights glowed a solid color and nothing else was turning on or anything(fan, disc drive, hard drive) and so i thought ok ill just power cycle it so i took out the battery and power cable hold the power button down for several minutes then retried.... Same result theres no blinking code lights or anything its just the lights glowing a solid color which it hasnt done before i opened the computer up several time with no luck of finding anything... Should i just assume the motherboard is trash? And buy a new computer? I need some help because i cant do this on my own so advice would be much appreciated. :)

Hi, welcome to the tom's guide, you found the right place to post :)

If the system does this while you had the battery out, first try reseating the hard-drive and RAM. Also try different RAM. If that also does not work, then it's very likely a motherboard issue.