ASUS laptop won't charge

Deb3348

Commendable
Sep 4, 2016
Asus Z54c will not "connect" with charger unless pressure is put on charger where it plugs into laptop. I have tried 3 different chargers that work in my other ASUS and get the same result each time. As long as I hold the charger in place, it will charge but when I let go it stops. It also "fried" the tip of one of the chargers. Please help

Solution
It sounds like your charging port is damaged. If that is the case, it is most likely attached to the motherboard, meaning that whole thing will need replacing.

If your device is still under warranty, you may want to contact the manufacturer and see about getting it repaired/replaced.

If it isn't under warranty, then you have the option of trying to do the work yourself, or taking it to a local tech/repair place and getting them to do it.
It sounds like your charging port is damaged. If that is the case, it is most likely attached to the motherboard, meaning that whole thing will need replacing.

If your device is still under warranty, you may want to contact the manufacturer and see about getting it repaired/replaced.

If it isn't under warranty, then you have the option of trying to do the work yourself, or taking it to a local tech/repair place and getting them to do it.

Solution