Asus PC stucked on logo

Oct 12, 2018
Hi guys,

My PC started to get some bugs 10 days ago. It sometimes happened that it was stucked on logo when I turned it on. However, it was enough that I restart it one or two times for it correctly works.

Yesterday, there was an update when I turn it off. It finished to install it when I turn it on this morning. But once it was finished, the PC restarted and now that's impossible to turn it on again.

I mean it turns on but it stucks on logo, without the "loading wheel", just the logo.

I have checked on internet but I didn't find any solution. Could you please help me?

The hard disk is listed in BIOS.

Thank you :)

Turn it off and try starting it up in "Safe Mode". If it will load up in there, then you need to check the compute for viruses, malware, etc. Remove whatever it finds and then start up normally.

How to enter "Safe Mode" when booting the computer.

In Windows 8 and 10...

As your computer restarts, press F8 (possibly a few times) to enter "Safe Mode"

a. Press the "F4" key to Enable "Safe Mode".
(The computer will then start in "Safe Mode" with a minimal set of drivers and services.)

b. Press the "F5" key to Enable "Safe Mode" with Networking.
( Once "Safe Mode" with Networking starts, Windows is in Safe Mode, with additional network and services for accessing the Internet and other computers on your network.)

c. Press the "F6" key to Enable "Safe Mode" with Command Prompt.
(In "Safe Mode" with "Command Prompt" starts Windows in Safe Mode, with a Command Prompt window instead of the Windows interface. This option is mostly only used by IT professionals.)

Now sign in to the computer with your account name and password. (If you have one set.) When you are finished troubleshooting, you can exit "Safe Mode" restarting your computer.

In Windows 7/Vista/XP...

1. Immediately after turning on the computer, or restarting it (usually after you hear your computer beep), tap the F8 key, repeatedly, in 1 second intervals.

2. The computer will then display hardware information and run a memory test.

3. Next the "Advanced Boot Options" menu will appear.

4. In the "Advanced Boot Options" menu use the arrow keys to select "Safe Mode" or "Safe Mode with Networking" and press ENTER.

Oct 12, 2018
Thanks for your answer.

I can't enter Safe Mode unfortunately. I tried by holding the F8 button a lot of times, without success.

But I red on Internet that it is not anymore possible to enter "Safe Mode" in this way with Windows 10 if there is a SSD in your PC, and that's my case.

I've also tried to enter "Safe Mode" by pressing Shift while restarting the PC but it didn't work...

Have you tried the following... Yes I know the first one says when it gets to the circles, however you can try it even if those don't show. Or option 2.

Try the following...

1. Power off the laptop.
2. Power on the laptop.
3. As soon as you see the rotating loading circle, press and hold the Power Button until the computer shuts off.
4. Repeat this process a few times until you see the "Preparing Automatic Repair" screen.
5. Now you want to let the laptop boot to the "Automatic Repair" screen.
6. Click "Advanced Options" and then select "Troubleshoot".
7. Here you want to select "Refresh your PC", if you do not wish to erase data, or "Reset your PC" to erase all data and restore your system.
8. From here just follow the screen instructions until the recovery is completed.

NOTE: You will need to get into the "Advanced Options" in order to get the "Refresh Option". This choice will keep your data, but any programs installed will be lost.

Do not do a "Reset" as that will wipe all data you have on the laptop.

Another version of this is the following...

1. Power off the laptop.
2. Power on the laptop.
3. When screen turns black, hit F10 and ALT repeatedly until the computer shuts off.
4. To fix the computer you should choose the second option listed.
5. When the next screen loads, choose the option "Reset Device".
6. Now choose which ever type of reset you wish.
7. Your computer should now restore itself to "Factory Settings".

NOTE: If you get a message saying "Error Resetting Device", then you should have the computer looked at by the manufacturer (if still under warranty) or by a tech.

Oct 12, 2018
Hi,

When I was trying the first option described in your last message, the PC correctly turned on and a Windows update was finishing to be installed. I don't know how it is possible but I'm very happy that the problem is solved.

Thank you for your help :)

Oct 12, 2018
Yes, I am. Should I check something there? I can see my SSD and HDD drives under the Sata Configuration tab.

I've been to a tech today and he said me he is 100% sure that one of the drive is the issue.

But I really have doubt about it. If it was that, why the laptop correctly worked after the same issue happened two weeks ago? What do you think about it?

It is possible it is a drive issue, and it is possible it is intermittent. But I would personally talk to another tech (local) to get a second opinion.

Before that, see if you can get it to run chkdsk. Here is a link to how to do it on multiple systems. If you can get it to run, you should be able to get a better idea if the drive is having issues or not and if it is possible to fix them via that rather than having it done by someone else. Should it not work, then I would have it looked at by the tech. Just be careful to make sure they back up whatever they can for you off the drive, should they have to replace it.

https://neosmart.net/wiki/chkdsk/