Asus Recovery Problems

Nate_4

Estimable
Nov 12, 2015
I am trying to use the recovery disks from Asus, to restore my Windows 7 OS on my U56E. I took the disks to Geek Squad and they tried to use them. He turned on the computer and hit esc and selected to boot from the disks. It would load the files from disk 1 and then Windows would start up, then it would start to go to the screen to setup the recovery, but everytime it gets there, the computer restarts, loads the files again, gets to the screen....restarts, loads the files again, etc. It keeps doing that. So the guy tells me my hard drive is failing. I buy a new SSD. Put it in. And I do the same thing. Turn it on, hit etc, select to boot from disk, but it still loads the files, then restarts over and over again with the new SSD in! What is happening? What do I do?! Please help. I am very lay when it comes to this sort of thing FYI.

Solution
Hi,

Do try these steps that may help.
- Load BIOS and press F9 that should set it to default then try running the Recovery disc.
- If it's the same remove the battery and try loading the Recovery disc with just the AC adapter connected.
- If it just reboot again, try to reseat the RAM. Take them off for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure that they are seated properly.

Hopefully these steps will help.
Hi,

Do try these steps that may help.
- Load BIOS and press F9 that should set it to default then try running the Recovery disc.
- If it's the same remove the battery and try loading the Recovery disc with just the AC adapter connected.
- If it just reboot again, try to reseat the RAM. Take them off for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure that they are seated properly.

Hopefully these steps will help.

Solution