ASUS Rog stuck in boot loop

tekite

Prominent
Feb 26, 2017
Hi guys, please help! My ASUS Rog 552VW is stuck in a boot loop. I cant seem to get past this screen no matter what I do, and there is a sound coming from the HDD(I think). Please Help!

Note: If this problem started after an update (or system reinstall), please make sure the laptop is not connected to the internet in any way before you use the following instructions.

Try the following...

1. Power off the laptop.
2. Power on the laptop.
3. As soon as you see the rotating loading circle, press and hold the Power Button until the computer shuts off.
4. Repeat this process a few times until you see the "Preparing Automatic Repair" screen.
5. Now you want to let the laptop boot to the "Automatic Repair" screen.
6. Click "Advanced Options" and then select "Troubleshoot".
7. Here you want to select "Refresh your PC", if you do not wish to erase data, or "Reset your PC" to erase all data and restore your system.
8. From here just follow the screen instructions until the recovery is completed.

NOTE: You will need to get into the "Advanced Options" in order to get the "Refresh Option". This choice will keep your data, but any programs installed will be lost.

Do not do a "Reset" as that will wipe all data you have on the laptop.

nagged99

Prominent
Jun 12, 2017
Afternoon
My ASUS has just gone into a boot loop. Have tried changing various things found in threads but still cannot get anywhere. Tried wiping the computer to then get a screen saying the hard drive is locked.....Any Ideas???

pranjal.3029

Prominent
Oct 26, 2017

I tried that but it doesn't even boot in the repair mode, tried booting from another Win10 installation usb and tried the system restore option from repair options and tried booting into safe mode by using bcdedit and it still didn't boot properly. Help me please

oliver.armila

Prominent
Nov 25, 2017
Hello, I am stuck in the very same issue with the very same product. Tried to reset my whole windows several times without any success. So basically my computer is running a loop when trying to start up, just showing the very first "Asus - In search of incredible" picture and then looping again to it. Cannot enter RE either.

pranjal.3029

Prominent
Oct 26, 2017

I finally gave up and put my GL552VW in Asus's hands(Gave it to official service center in my city), it took them 2 weeks to sort this out(and the data was lost)

bbianco

Prominent
Feb 6, 2018
What was the problem... ?