Question ASUS Screen Issue

steven91919191

Estimable
Apr 20, 2020
Hi all,

This forum has helped me a million times in the past so i thought, where best to ask for help! :)

I have an ASUS Vivobook S200E. It came in due to lines appearing on the screen so i turned it on and everything seemed perfect. Now after about 1 hour i get anything from blue/yellow vertical lines covering the whole screen or a whole bunch of random coloured squares dancing about the screen. It will then randomly switch itself off at some point. Then it wont startup for around 30 minutes. The whole thing then repeats itself.

It has soldered RAM/GPU/CPU etc as its just a little mini laptop.

GPU and RAM has been attempted to be reflowed to no success, are there any more advice here that I can try or that I can test?

Thanks in advance!

Hi all,

This forum has helped me a million times in the past so i thought, where best to ask for help! :)

I have an ASUS Vivobook S200E. It came in due to lines appearing on the screen so i turned it on and everything seemed perfect. Now after about 1 hour i get anything from blue/yellow vertical lines covering the whole screen or a whole bunch of random coloured squares dancing about the screen. It will then randomly switch itself off at some point. Then it wont startup for around 30 minutes. The whole thing then repeats itself.

It has soldered RAM/GPU/CPU etc as its just a little mini laptop.

GPU and RAM has been attempted to be reflowed to no success, are there any more advice here that I can try or that I can test?

Thanks in advance!

Not much you can do here, you can try a new motherboard but for that age system it is better to just replace it with a working model.