Asus ux303ln screen

Blazing1234

Estimable
Nov 6, 2015
backlight on screen doesnt work. unplugged the cabl from the motherboard then put i back in it sparked gave off some smke and now the backlights dont work for the screen. solution?

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Blazing1234 : "Asus ux303ln screen replacement"

Scrampy

Commendable
Oct 17, 2016

Did you ever get a solution to this? I did exactly the same thing.

Blazing1234

Estimable
Nov 6, 2015

Blazing1234

Estimable
Nov 6, 2015

No did not , I did some research and it might have something to do with the backlight chip being burnt out on the motherboard.I am going to take it into the shop as see what the problem is I'll tell you once it's done so you may be able to fix it yourself.

Scrampy

Commendable
Oct 17, 2016

Thanks so much for your reply. There's a repair guy here in town too so I might get him to take a look. I'll let you know.

My backlight came back on again for about 20 minutes. I was running it through hdmi to another monitor when it happened.

Also... while it was back on, there was distinct screen flickering... but it went away when the laptop was on charge. Came back again whenever I unplugged it.

And... slightly twisting the laptop base can halt the flickering too. Maybe it's a motherboard component.

Very unimpressed that the hinge was built so poorly though. If it had been stronger, none of this would have happened. Excellent laptop otherwise!