Asus x200m - no display

lethal42

Honorable
Feb 12, 2017
Hi,
Have read a couple of similar posts here (one unanswered), however again I am having trouble booting or start my laptop. The first time a couple of months back was solved by holding down the power button while charging.
This time the battery is fully charged (hopefully as was charged over night)...and holding down the power button for 30 secs or so does nothing.

Appreciate any input or advise to get it started.

thanks

Solution
You would have to remove it from the laptop and connect it, externally would work, to another computer to obtain what was on it. So if you are returning it, not sure that would void your ability to do so. You would need the right kind of connector/adapter as well.

If anyone else has any ideas on that, please speak up. :)
Try the following and see if it will turn on...

1. First make sure the device has been charged.
2. Unplug your charger cord.
3. Remove the battery.
4. Press and hold the "Power" button for 30 seconds.
5. Now plug back in the power/charger cord.
6. Now put the battery back in.

If this doesn't help, then test the power cord to see if it is good. Either try your cord in another device, or try another devices cord in your laptop.

Should that not be the problem, then check the battery to see if it needs replacing.

lethal42

Honorable
Feb 12, 2017

lethal42

Honorable
Feb 12, 2017
Thanks for the advise webworkings, however the battery is non-replaceable and difficult to get at (back of the case needs to be removed etc). There are though instructions available as to how to proceed. I assume you suggesting I go down this path?

Well they are all replaceable. Easy to get to or not. Sadly some are such a pain to get to it can be problematic if you don't know what you are doing though.

Yes that is what I would suggest. Unless the device is still under warranty. If it is, then contact the manufacturer about a repair or replacement, as for some manufacturers just opening up the back can void the warranty.

lethal42

Honorable
Feb 12, 2017
Hi Webworkings,

I have no followed your advise to a 'T' (assuming you meant to advise to reinstall battery BEFORE plugging charger back in)...and it has made no difference.

I do have two other laptops (one an asus as well) however none of the charger cord fit this asus.

I am still none the wise as to whether it is a battery issue, or a display (perhaps connectivity issue).
Looks like I am off to 'the shop'...for a THIRD charger initially anyway. It has already been replaced once.

It is no longer under warranty.

regards

lethal42

lethal42

Honorable
Feb 12, 2017
Just an update 'websworkings'.

The laptop has been looked at by centrecom repairers (purchased there as well)...and the motherboard has been found to be 'compromised' (not sure where and to what extent).
I am arranging for its return...Can you suggest a way to obtain what was on the Internal HDD?

regards

Lethal42

You would have to remove it from the laptop and connect it, externally would work, to another computer to obtain what was on it. So if you are returning it, not sure that would void your ability to do so. You would need the right kind of connector/adapter as well.

If anyone else has any ideas on that, please speak up. :)

Solution

TRENDING THREADS