Solved! Asus X200M not turning on

Dec 22, 2020
Prior to what happened, my sister was playing a game when suddenly it turned into a black screen with multiple boxes filled with random color pixels, which prompted them to restart the thing, only to find it not turning on again.
When I took a look at it, it seems the fan isn't even turning on.
The battery of this was defective prior to this, so I did a hard reboot without the battery in but it still wouldn't turn on.
When pressing the power button, the power LED turns green and the battery LED alternates between orange and yellow before both LEDs turning off completely after a few seconds.

Being an amateur at this kind of stuff, I'm kind of lost on what to do next. Could you guys tell me what you think might've made it act like this?

Solution
Was the battery in or out just before it failed? There could be some connection with not having a battery installed, but I doubt that. It sounds like you have a hardware failure and there is not going to be much you can do yourself. It might be time to find a trustworthy repair shop or return the laptop to the manufacturer for repair. As a last resort, I'd unplug the power and hold down the power switch for several seconds. Then plug in the power and try again to start the laptop.
Was the battery in or out just before it failed? There could be some connection with not having a battery installed, but I doubt that. It sounds like you have a hardware failure and there is not going to be much you can do yourself. It might be time to find a trustworthy repair shop or return the laptop to the manufacturer for repair. As a last resort, I'd unplug the power and hold down the power switch for several seconds. Then plug in the power and try again to start the laptop.

Solution