ASUS X202E touchscreen not working anymore after windows 8 refresh!

RolandMakkelie

Estimable
Oct 22, 2015
Hey,

I need some ASAP help with a Vivobook X202e I have. The laptop was running slow so I did a windows 8 refresh option, which does less then a system factory restore.

This was something that was good to be true. After the refresh it looked all great and clean, except that the touchscreen was not working anymore. After a couple of days of searching I find that this is a more difficult problem then I had thought of.

This is what I noticed:
- In windows 8 system it said that the screen does not support any touch input, well that's weird for a vivobook.
- The pen & touch options are not present anymore.
- All the drivers are up-to-date and I had tried millions of them.
- Installed all windows updates, still nothing.

So my question is how can I enable it again? My thoughts are that it has a wrong intel hd graphic 4000 driver. If I download this one directly from asus for the right OS, it will then give a message that it's not the right version, what is very strange.

I hope somebody can help me out here... :(
Thanks!

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help resolving that issue.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall Intel graphics card.
- Download and install the graphics card driver from Intel Support site.
- Here's the link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/
- Do a complete driver update.
- Reboot the laptop once all the necessary drivers has been installed.
- If the first link doesn't work please do try this one from Asus support site.
- http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/DriversForWin8/VGA/VGA_Intel_Win8_64_Z917102843.zip

RolandMakkelie

Estimable
Oct 22, 2015

Thanks for the reply, I will try that. But some say that the touchscreen does fall under a different driver. I.e. the HID (compliant touchscreen, which does nothing) Mouse and other pointers (I only have 1 mouse driver here) So the funny thing is I don't even know which driver is failing. Do you know if it falls under the intel graphics driver?

And just some other info: when I refreshed windows and installed all the windows updates, it automatically updated the intel driver. So even windows installs the wrong driver? Weird problem.

Thanks for your answer!

RolandMakkelie

Estimable
Oct 22, 2015

If I download the intel graphics driver from the asus website with the exact same model, it will give a message that it cannot install because it's the wrong version. I also downloaded all the asus drivers for this model, but still the touchscreen does not work.

And I have this laptop for a minimum time but I really want to fix this (for the person i'm doing this)

Thanks!

RolandMakkelie

Estimable
Oct 22, 2015

With both I get the message: This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software.

If I look-up the system specs in windows it's says: windows 8.1 64 bit

RolandMakkelie

Estimable
Oct 22, 2015
I talked to asus trough a chat and she said to do a factory reset. I don't have the time right now to do all that. But I also think what would a factory reset do to fix this issue? I have found all the possible drivers (or windows update found one) but still no luck.