Solved! Asus X555D laptop not booting, only BIOS

Kojyneox

Prominent
May 12, 2017
So 2 days ago, I finished working on the laptop, the bag I use to carry it is sturdy, but if fell from 50 cm, laptop apparently ok, laptop booted normally.

Went to work, even played a bit and everything was OK. Then I used to USB to transfer a file for printing, after it, the video I was watching lagged then it was time for me to go home. Shutdown my laptop. At the home, turned in on and it only went into BIOS didn't boot windows or anything, I noticed only the boot device 1 was showing, the DVD drive. Not sure the HDD. read here that I needed to let the power run off and then start it again, wich I did an it worked, went to work and everything was fine. Then in the th afternoon the problem happened again, I don't remember what I moved in the bios, but it booted again to Windows. Today, same thing, only this time is not loading to Windows, I noticed that if I changed the d
Boot from AHCI to IDE the Hdd will show up, but won't boot. I'm already contacting Asus, but I want to know if there's another way around it, mainly, to get some files out from the HDD that are super important.

Thanks in advance

Solution
Well, if the drive isn't damaged (which can happen so easily with any kind of drop) then it may just be a loose connection. If that is the case all you would need to do is to unplug/disconnect the drive and then reconnect it.

If that doesn't do it, you could try pulling the drive and try connecting it externally to another computer to see if it can read the drive like you would any connected device.

NOTE: If the device is under warranty, you don't want to open it up without talking with the manufacturer first, as that can void your warranty. Also, if you send it in to them, it is possible that they would replace the drive, and you would lose files. So be careful with that.
Well, if the drive isn't damaged (which can happen so easily with any kind of drop) then it may just be a loose connection. If that is the case all you would need to do is to unplug/disconnect the drive and then reconnect it.

If that doesn't do it, you could try pulling the drive and try connecting it externally to another computer to see if it can read the drive like you would any connected device.

NOTE: If the device is under warranty, you don't want to open it up without talking with the manufacturer first, as that can void your warranty. Also, if you send it in to them, it is possible that they would replace the drive, and you would lose files. So be careful with that.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS