Solved! Asus X555Q Laptop Touchpad Not Working

Jun 7, 2019
Hello all,

A couple of days ago my Asus X555Q laptop touchpad stopped working, but a quick restart solved the problem. Today, however it stopped working completely, and says in device manager that it's disconnected. I have done about everything to get it to work (Toggle on in BIOS, Update Bios, Updated Drivers) but nothing has worked so far. I am running Windows 10, and a USB wireless mouse works fine.

Any ideas as to what I can do to fix this?

Thanks for your help.

Solution
Try the following and see if it fixes it...

First try hitting F6. On some devices this key turns the touchpad off/on.

Should that not work, then try...

1. Go into "Control Panel".
  2. Click "Hardware and Sound".
  3. Now click "Mouse and Touchpad".
  4. Now go to "Additional mouse options".
  5. The Mouse Properties window will open. In here click on your device.
  6. Make sure your device is set to enabled. If it isn't then click "Enable Device".
  7. Exit both that screen and "Control Panel".

If this does not help, and an external mouse works fine, then it may well be a hardware issue.
Try the following and see if it fixes it...

First try hitting F6. On some devices this key turns the touchpad off/on.

Should that not work, then try...

1. Go into "Control Panel".
  2. Click "Hardware and Sound".
  3. Now click "Mouse and Touchpad".
  4. Now go to "Additional mouse options".
  5. The Mouse Properties window will open. In here click on your device.
  6. Make sure your device is set to enabled. If it isn't then click "Enable Device".
  7. Exit both that screen and "Control Panel".

If this does not help, and an external mouse works fine, then it may well be a hardware issue.

Solution
Jun 7, 2019
It was a bit more than the touchpad as it turns out.

I took it to the computer shop by my home to get it looked at, and apparently the guy connected and reconnected the touchpad three different times, and it quit working each time. The final time he did it the keyboard ended up disconnecting as well. Then when he tried a USB mouse and keypad the two USB slots quit working, and then the bluetooth wouldn't register bluetooth devices either.

Apparently the motherboard just went bad in it.