Asus Zenbook Pro UX580GE GPU Upgrade

fumduq

Honorable
Jan 18, 2013
I've got an ASUS Zenbook Pro (UX580GE), 4K touch display, screenpad.

I don't see why it wouldn't be possible, but before I jump the gun and order the top-end laptop video card, I want to know if anybody has taken this beast apart and at least photographed the inside.

Ideally, I'd like to hear about any success stories or failure stories about upgrading the GPU? I don't want to fiddle with ribbon cables without having a good idea of what I'm doing. Anybody with the technical manual, or actual experience would be appreciated.

It must be possible unless it's soldered in. The only issue I can think of is the screenpad, but I believe that's driven entirely by the Intel GPU. It's a wonderful machine, but the oculus software is not a fan of the 1050Ti (Though for the most part it works fine with VR).

This is the first windows machine I've owned in a decade. I'd really like to use it for gaming. Playdead games (Limbo, INSIDE) work great on it :)

Anyway, if you know how to upgrade this monster, I'd appreciate it. Also, the highest end GPU that is known to work would be a nice piece of advice.