Atari Goes Social with GO; Partners with Pirates

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
about time, glad to see it's atari that woke up and smelt the coffee.
this is marketing done the smart way as it's going to lay serious smack down on all the other online operators competing & trying to get away with charging to play on 10yr old games. if atari is smart they tied in some advertising rights into these agreements and can sell ad space that will bring in more then the games not to mention free advertising for any new games/equipment. don't believe me? take a look at youtube, i'm getting flash videos of local politicians before the video i selected starts. i hate oracle constantly changing and updating adobe flash player to get away with schemes like these, but it's very smart marketing and can allow for a pay-per-hit with or without a ceiling $ cap or bonus per# over the cap, that's 21st century marketing folks, the old 20th century techniques are no longer valid due to their obsoleteness. computers issue real time feed back no gallup pole can ever hope to compete with. i'm starting to really comprehend the fight on capitol hill over broadcasting and telecommunications rights and responsibilities on another level now thanks to this marketing scheme. i must say this is absolute brillance on par with a finely tuned overclocked rig.

G

wow...kozik vs. kotik....just one letter difference, 180 degree difference in attitudes. Kudos for the former...

Raishi

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
I'm not sure if this is what everyone thinks; the wording seems curious. Maybe I'm just being negative, but it seems more like they're going to try to push sites with "knockoffs" and clones of classic Atari games to replace them with actual Atari branded titles, not really working with sites offering illegal downloads of the actual game titles that Atari offers.

We'll see what happens, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.