News Atari VCS release , price, games, specs, and pre-orders

Status
Not open for further replies.

cirdecus

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2008
I love that we're getting another potential entry into the console market. I always support more entries just like I supported the original jaguar when it came out. That being said, it's going to need to play more than 40 year old arcade games at launch for $400 bucks. I do like the PC crossover, if Steam could run or games that can be installed on Linux or maybe using a windows emulator, that would be perfect. Then youve got all your PC tripe A titles right there. That being said, the market would be your tech saavy PC gamer market. Not something a typical family is going to want to mess with.

Jan 5, 2021
I love that we're getting another potential entry into the console market. I always support more entries just like I supported the original jaguar when it came out. That being said, it's going to need to play more than 40 year old arcade games at launch for $400 bucks. I do like the PC crossover, if Steam could run or games that can be installed on Linux or maybe using a windows emulator, that would be perfect. Then you've got all your PC tripe A titles right there. That being said, the market would be your tech savy PC gamer market. Not something a typical family is going to want to mess with.
I have one of the backer units and have windows installed via a usb SSD and steam runs fine that way. Although some of my games probably wont ever play on it (Ark survival evolved IE). but others run fine but some will need me to expand the memory from 8GB because of the integrated Video. But I am really hoping that at some point They add a steam app directly to the vcs. I have also installed Xbox app and the Epic launcher as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.