ATH M40X CS:GO gaming and such

Galaxis

Estimable
Dec 12, 2014
Hi guys!
I'm looking to buy a new pair of headphones. I owned a bad pair of Steelseries Siberia headset which broke down on me recently. So while I was looking for a replacement I decided that I want to get a pair of okey Headphones (not headsets). I play a lot of games such as CS:GO and other titles. My main concern is will the ATH -M30x/M40x be good for gaming? Heard of problems with positioning in FPS. I know that they are good for casual audio and movie watching.
Thanks everyone!

Solution
Well coincidentally I own a pair of ATH-M40x and they are great for music and movies as you said. But I will say they don't have the best positioning or soundstage in gaming (I play TF2). If your looking for good positioning have a look at some open backed headphones such as Beyerdynamic's and some Audio Technica's.

BlueFireZ

Estimable
Well coincidentally I own a pair of ATH-M40x and they are great for music and movies as you said. But I will say they don't have the best positioning or soundstage in gaming (I play TF2). If your looking for good positioning have a look at some open backed headphones such as Beyerdynamic's and some Audio Technica's.

Solution

Galaxis

Estimable
Dec 12, 2014

Thanks for your answer. Would you recommend any headphones for my needs? I read about ATH AD500x/700x are nice for gaming but they are twice the price of ath m40x in my country ;/

Th3-Hunter333

Estimable
Dec 15, 2014

I own a set of the a700x from audio technica that i use for gaming and music listening.

I have them paired with a creative soundblaster omni that supports 5.1 surround, if it helps you out any i love them