Att Modem/router as modem only?

Sep 19, 2020
I have a modem/router combo device from at&t. I have a few network printers that are connected to the combo device and I don't think it's handling the workload. So I want to use my own router and let the combo handle just the modem work. It seems like att does not support bridge mode for their devices, they do offer an IP passthrough. I just want to have the combo work as a modem only, and use my own router to hopefully share the workload. I have no idea what I should do to help with this situation. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sep 19, 2020
I have a modem/router combo device from at&t. I have a few network printers that are connected to the combo device and I don't think it's handling the workload. So I want to use my own router and let the combo handle just the modem work. It seems like att does not support bridge mode for their devices, they do offer an IP passthrough. I just want to have the combo work as a modem only, and use my own router to hopefully share the workload. I have no idea what I should do to help with this situation. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sep 19, 2020