Attempting to fix a laptop but need some help

Imgabem

Honorable
Sep 24, 2013
I recently decided to take on a side project, I had 2 broken laptops and wanted to see if I could make 1 working laptop out of them. The laptops were a toshiba satellite c655d 5084 that the LCD video cable was fried and the trackpad was broken.
Laptop 2 acer gateway nv79 series that had a completely shattered screen and a broken hdd. So what I did was just replace the hdd with the one in the Toshiba and take the screen from the Toshiba and put it on the acer. She boots fine!... The screens just really yellow lol. I assume that's an issue with the video cable. But my real issue is I can't install drivers like the wireless adapter driver. I can't get on the internet via wifi or wired connection. Its telling me because I don't have the correct driver installed. But when I go on a different PC and find the driver from acers site and load it onto the PC it won't still. Anyone know of any solutions?

Imgabem

Honorable
Sep 24, 2013

Yes I did, even before I did I was having the same issues

Imgabem

Honorable
Sep 24, 2013
Hdd was whipped clean, the wifi driver isn't working at all. I've haven't replaced the wifi chip but when I get the driver from gateways site it won't install.

Imgabem

Honorable
Sep 24, 2013
If that's true wouldn't I be able to see get online via a wired connection (which doesn't work either) but other drivers (VGA, chipset, audo to name what I can remember) won't install either. Most say they are incomparable with the hardware. But I only changed the hdd and LCD so I don't understand how that could be so.

TheBadger7

Honorable
May 23, 2013
Do you have Windows 7 Service Pack 1 you can install from a CD? That is what I think is going on here.