Audacity exporting problem

PolarBear27

Estimable
Aug 3, 2014
Hello,

I was wondering if someone could help me. I'm trying to export a 2hr 53m audio file from audacity but it's only exporting the first hour and comes out as a 6.83GB file. I'm exporting as a WAV file so I can use it in Sony Vegas my project rate is 88200Hz and is 32bit. I'm not sure why this is happening.

Thank you if you can help.

Ironsounds

Distinguished
Hello... I use Audacity...
1) What is the Original file format?
2) Is this a Concert or can the Audio be broken up into "smaller" chunks?
3) What will your final "Sony Vegas project" be used for-audience?

I just open the WAV file in to Audacity... under "Tracks" "resample"
WAV files are very large vs MP3 formatted files... there are different data types of WAV files too... you need to KNOW what you are starting with and what you need for IMPORT and final project use... And also there is "DATA SIZE" to consider, with you system and APP is able work with.

Ironsounds

Distinguished
Hello... So you have separate Audio and Video tracks you want to merge together into Sony Vegas... why won't Sony Vegas import the audio?

1b) right click the audio track... properties. What did you record it with?
2b) Those can be broken up into smaller chunks in Audacity... 44Khz 16 bit is good enuff for just Voice Over and will be a much Smaller size WAV files.
3b) Why won't Sony Vegas import your Audio? (sorry noob with SONY)
4) Why are you using Audacity here?

PolarBear27

Estimable
Aug 3, 2014
No the problem isn't the importing, it's the exporting. Audacity won't export the whole file. It only does the first hour of a 2hr 53 minute track. There is only one channel too.