Audio Equalizer Software - Control L & R Channel Spectrums Separately ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

voyager1

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
I'm trying to find an audio graphics equalizer software that is for Win7 on a PC, that can control separately the spectrums of the L and R channels. The object is to adjust the audio playback to offset a hearing loss that varies between L and R and through the audible spectrum for each ear.

I have installed Equalizer APO and PC Equalizer. Neither seems to have the capability I'm trying to obtain.
Any suggestions or thoughts on this?

ARICH5

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
if im not mistaken you want to increase the Volume of sound from left and right? or adgust the frequency of sound in MhZ from left and right speakers?
for example you want more bas/treble in the left speaker than the right?

Lkaos

Estimable
Dec 13, 2014

What is the sound card you are using? Usually the manufacturer's CD (the one with the drivers) has that software....

voyager1

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
What I'm looking for is an audio graphic equalizer that gives complete and independent control of both L and R channels in playback mode for whatever is coming out through the PC's speakers or headphones.
If I want to increase the volume of the audio at 4kHz, or any other value, in the L channel while decreasing its volume at that value in the R channel. I want to be able to.

The drivers and utilities for the MoBo's on board sound, and any other graphic equalizer with a media player, or any add-on graphic equalizer that I have been able to find so far only allows any changes to be made equally to both channels. What is done to one is done to the other. They cannot be independently controlled. What I want is complete and independent control of both audio channels. That should allow the PC's speakers and/or headphones to be tuned to the specific hearing capability of an individual listener.

As close as I can think of a way to accomplish this would be to split the L & R channels into independent mono channels, make the changes wanted to each separate channel, then recombining them back into stereo again. That would work for recording audio. But, I do not see that as working for playback. I'm beginning to think that that what I am looking for may only be found in high-end audio engineering software.

Lkaos

Estimable
Dec 13, 2014
Funny, usually one can deselect the "Both" channles and move it separately...My soundcard's software allows me to do just that....
Even in "Playback Devices" -->"Speaker Properties" in the "Levels" tab i can move the tabs independently...

voyager1

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
Lkaos,
What your'e referring to is the balance between the speakers in the system. That is too coarse for what I'm looking to be able to do.
You apparently do not understand my question. Which gives me serious doubt that you'll be of much help in this. I've stated it 2 times now and don't see any way to say it more clearly.

Go see what a graphic equalizer is. See what it does for a complete 2 track stereo output during playback.
I want one of those to be operational in each of the two tracks separately and independently of each other.
That now makes 3 times I've tried to describe what I am trying to accomplish.
I'm beginning to think this is a lost cause here.

voyager1

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
I am sorry that you have taken offence at my calling BS on your obvious lack of knowledge on the subject of my question. I did it as nicely as I could while still getting across that you're answers we not helpful in any way. They had become just as repetitive as my trying to explain what I was trying to accomplish.

After a bit of searching I found another forum that seemed to be more aimed at people into audio engineering. Replies from several people all agreed that they knew of no software that could do the job, although there is hardware that can do it.

No answer is better than a wrong answer and insisting that you do understand the question when you do not.
People come here to get help not to feed your need to feel important.

Status
Not open for further replies.