Solved! Audio Extractor

Jun 23, 2019
I just upgraded my Xfinity box to the latest model XG1-P. Unfortunately I can no longer use the digital output from the box to the digital input of my old Pioneer receiver. The bad news was communicated to me by Xfinity support. The Pioneer does not have HDMI input .

I then have to get an audio extractor from the HDMI port to feed my receiver.

I am shopping for a good audio extractor but I am confused on which model to buy.

A few questions..

I don’t have a 4K Smart TV yet. Will I have to buy a 4K extractor today to be able to support 4K TV down the road? The 4K is for viewing purposes only but it seems extractors in the market today make a big deal of 4K. All I need is the Dolby Digital signal from HDMI Xfinity box

Some audio extractors also have SPDIF digital output. I have read that the cable from the SPDIF output of the extractor is different from the regular Toslink cable I have used before going into my receiver. It looks like I won’t be able to use this connector to my receiver. Is this correct.

Other extractors just say Toslink optical digital output. For example, the ViewHD HDMI audio receiver extractor...

Comments please?

Solution
The audio extractor only has to work with the Xfinity box. If that can output 4k then the extractor would need to pass that through. If not it won't matter.
Most audio extractors have both coax and tosling optical SPDIF digital audio outputs as well as stereo analog outputs. The optical cable you were using with the old box will be fine.
The audio extractor only has to work with the Xfinity box. If that can output 4k then the extractor would need to pass that through. If not it won't matter.
Most audio extractors have both coax and tosling optical SPDIF digital audio outputs as well as stereo analog outputs. The optical cable you were using with the old box will be fine.

Solution
Jun 23, 2019
I installed a J-Tech Digital extractor and it worked beautifully! I can now get Dolby Digital into my receiver. The video signal just passed thru without any problems. Thanks..