Question Audio from projector

Aug 15, 2019
Hello I'm trying to figure something out with my system I got going on.

My setup currently is an Epson 9220 pro projector, the sound is a Logitech z906 5.1 surround sound. I am using a fire stick hooked up to this J-Tech Digital Ultra HD 4K HDMI to HDMI + Audio (Spdif + RCA Stereo) Audio Extractor Converter(Support Apple TV 4 Gen) Premium Quality
Then HDMI out is going to the projector and audio out is going to optical to the sound system.

My problem is that when Netflix has 5.1 option I get no audio from it and have to go to the options to switch it back to normal I guess 2 channel audio or whatever, my extractor has a switch that can change from 2 to 5.1, I have it on 5.1 and get the no audio from the 5.1 on Netflix, when I switch to the 2 channel the option goes away and defaults to stereo or 2 channel audio.
I'm wondering why 5.1 is not working in my setup and wondering if there is something else I need to buy or do to make this work, any help would be great thank you.

Aug 15, 2019
No that's not the problem, the problem is somewhere in my connection and how I have it set up, cause I can select the option for 5.1 sound on Netflix or Hulu, but when I do this I get no sound. Then only switching it to normal audio or whatever do I get sound to come through.