Question Audio input - does it matter?

Blazing_1

Estimable
Mar 27, 2017
Hello,

So I have this problem. Im no expert, so I wanted to ask one thing. Right now I have a pc, I bought few weeks ago a PS5 and I now my headphones are connected through audio input in my monitor. I'm using it like that with my PC. Now the question is, do I lose some audio quality that way? Is it better to connect my heapdhones through audio input in PC? I`m using hdmi both for PC and PS5 just connecting and reconnecting, no splitter or anything like that. If so, is it better to buy some Sony 3D pulse and divide headphones for PC with headphones for PS5?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
You have the headphones and you have the computer, try it and see if you can tell the difference. If you can't, then you can't. While the shorter and simpler the signal path is in theory the best connection, that does not mean that you will be able to tell any difference. Say if you have a cup and one has 20 oz of water, the other has 19.5 yes it's different but without a scale can you pick them up and tell for sure which is what? Probably not.