Question Audio issue through HDMI

Jan 15, 2023
I connect my Dell laptop to my Yamaha receiver via HDMI cable into the HDMI 3 port on the Yamaha. The video plays just fine. However, initially, there is no audio, just video; however, if I change the HDMI input setting on the Yamaha to HDMI 2 and back to HDMI 3, the audio suddenly works. Thoughts on how to get audio from the laptop to work properly?

Jan 15, 2023
The problem only happens when the laptop is connected to the Yamaha receiver. I may not have been clear with the issue. The laptop is plugged into the HDMI 3 port. If I change the HDMI input on the front of the receiver from 3 to 2 and back the audio begins working.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
The problem only happens when the laptop is connected to the Yamaha receiver. I may not have been clear with the issue. The laptop is plugged into the HDMI 3 port. If I change the HDMI input on the front of the receiver from 3 to 2 and back the audio begins working.
Understood...I think. I was asking if this problem occurs with a different cable or when not connected to the receiver.