Audio Optical TV to receiver.

Feb 4, 2019
Trying to connect a Samsun Smart TV Model # UN65NU6900F to a Sony STR-DH750 Receiver so that the audio from the TV goes through the receiver. I have connected a Digital Audio Optical cables from the TV’s audio optical output to the TV audio optical input of the receiver. I have changed the Tv’s sound output to the audio optical and changed it in advance settings to PCM format (per suggestion of Geek Squad). When I am watching from the TV, i.e. Vudu or Netflix, I get nothing through the receiver or the TV. If I switch the receiver source to TV I still get noting. If I switch the Tv’s sound back to TV speakers, I get sound from the TV through the TV’s speakers.
I am at a loss. Any other ideas?
Thanks in advance.
Bob

Is the problem only with streaming apps? Do you get sound from external sources and the TV tuner?
If you do then check the audio settings in the apps themselves. The TV should be set to bitstream to get surround sound. PCM is usually stereo only.
If you don't get sound at all then make sure that optical 1 is assigned to the input name you think it is in the receiver input menu. Is the optical output turned on in the TV menu? Are the TV speakers turned off?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
M Streaming Video & TVs 0
F Streaming Video & TVs 3
B Streaming Video & TVs 1
B Streaming Video & TVs 1
K Streaming Video & TVs 1
S Streaming Video & TVs 7
M Streaming Video & TVs 2
R Streaming Video & TVs 1
A Streaming Video & TVs 2
R Streaming Video & TVs 1