Audio problem, RCA to RCA

nassimo

Commendable
May 21, 2016
i have a sony tv (KDL-42W653A) and a philips home theatre system ( HTS 3530/05)
i want to connect using RCA to RCA, both have the red and white ports for audio. however when i connect it, there is no sound. tried all the settings on both systems.
i previously used the headphone socket to connect the sound, but recently i have had a problem where the sound only came through the front speakers and the rear speakers have no sound.

Solution
Are the RCA outputs on the TV line out instead of Line in.

If they are line in, it will never work.

Please check your TV settings to see if you have to enable audio out.

You may want to check the settings on your HTS 3530/05. In general outside of something like old Dolby surround you will ONLY get 2 channels from the red and white RCA. Your HTS 3530/05 may be able to upmix the audio. 5.1 over analog(fairly rare now days) uses 6 RCA connectors.

Analog 5.1
Do not mind the mismatched colors, the cables are wrong, but the audio channels ARE on the right speakers.
6ig0ex.jpg

The manual I found for the TV lists only the headphone jack as an out, but you have the TV and can check if it has any line out other...

nassimo

Commendable
May 21, 2016

haven't really tried as i do not have any other device that i can connect using that method.

nukemaster

Distinguished
Are the RCA outputs on the TV line out instead of Line in.

If they are line in, it will never work.

Please check your TV settings to see if you have to enable audio out.

You may want to check the settings on your HTS 3530/05. In general outside of something like old Dolby surround you will ONLY get 2 channels from the red and white RCA. Your HTS 3530/05 may be able to upmix the audio. 5.1 over analog(fairly rare now days) uses 6 RCA connectors.

Analog 5.1
Do not mind the mismatched colors, the cables are wrong, but the audio channels ARE on the right speakers.
6ig0ex.jpg

The manual I found for the TV lists only the headphone jack as an out, but you have the TV and can check if it has any line out other than the headphone jack.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS