Solved! Audio Receiver Question

May 17, 2020
Good Day,

I was hoping to get some feedback on a Samsung Receiver + Speaker System. I have the AH63-02093A & currently I have 3 devices plugged in 2 of which are plugged in through HDMI & 3rd I have plugged in through RCA (Can't change plugs for RCA connector as device does not support HDMI. What I am wondering is whether you can have multiple connections plugged into an input & have one be used through my RCA, & the other used through HDMI/Optical cable? I am not looking to use these at the same time, but I am just trying to make best use of my speaker system by having maximum connections possible.

Thanks in advance for any feedback provided.

Solution
Hi there. I couldn't find the manual for the 63, but have some suggestions. I'm assuming the inputs are limited; otherwise, you wouldn't have this question. By default, many receivers will choose the best connection AUTOMATICALLY, HDMI for example. Many also have an option to MANUALLY choose which format for a particular input. Go into your receiver's settings and look for a setting that allows you to manually choose which input, ANALOG (RCA) or DIGITAL (HDMI/ OPTICAL) with both connected to the same input. If you can do that, you may be in luck. This may be a global setting, vs just for a particular input...experiment. There are other options, but if this works, it's convenient and may be worth the experiment. You will have to...

Sonic Illusions

Prominent
Feb 16, 2019
Hi there. I couldn't find the manual for the 63, but have some suggestions. I'm assuming the inputs are limited; otherwise, you wouldn't have this question. By default, many receivers will choose the best connection AUTOMATICALLY, HDMI for example. Many also have an option to MANUALLY choose which format for a particular input. Go into your receiver's settings and look for a setting that allows you to manually choose which input, ANALOG (RCA) or DIGITAL (HDMI/ OPTICAL) with both connected to the same input. If you can do that, you may be in luck. This may be a global setting, vs just for a particular input...experiment. There are other options, but if this works, it's convenient and may be worth the experiment. You will have to change the setting every time you want to toggle between analog and digital sources. At this point, in my opinion, it will be an experiment because of a lack of manual and time constraints on my end (I apologize!). Good luck.

Solution