Australian Firefighters Call Apple Maps 'Dangerous'

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nakal

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
[citation][nom]opmopadop[/nom]Australia is one spread out beast of a country, think like your watching 'Labyrinth' when driving around![/citation]

Does it have a bog of eternal stench? LOL I am just kidding. I love Australia :) (want to visit someday.. met plenty of good people from there though!)

The_Trutherizer

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2008
[citation][nom]sliem[/nom]Don't bother them, they are busy innovating.[/citation]

It will take a while for Apple Maps to start innovating since they have so much catching up to do before they can compete with Google Maps. For Google... Maps has been a long running project they have been extremely dedicated to. For Apple it's just a way to compete with Google.

There's a difference there... It's much the way MS is trying to compete on their search feature with Google.

These are the things that Google DO. Their hardware and visual interfaces are minimalistic because they only provide the bare minimum of what is needed to make use of their most excellent services.

opmopadop

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2009
[citation][nom]Nakal[/nom]Does it have a bog of eternal stench? LOL I am just kidding. I love Australia (want to visit someday.. met plenty of good people from there though!)[/citation]
Get yourself to Brunswick St, Fitzroy in Melbourne ASAP (google maps it). There is something for all walks of life!

Status
Not open for further replies.