Autocad and Photoshop Server Issues.

pranjal7077

Prominent
Mar 23, 2017
I have bought a Dell R730 XD Server, Dual Xenon E5-2683v3 (2.00GHz/14-core/35MB/120W) Processors with 128 gb ram and 16 TB Hard Drives. I want to run Autocad and Photoshop on this post creating virtual machines(4 to be precise). Is this possible or will I have issues working. I'm in a soup guys any help wil be appreciated.
Thanks PM.

Solution
Having the files in one place is a completely different concept than trying to actually run multiple VM's from the same server box.

You can have multiple workstations for the actual work, and have the 'server' be the central file location and storage.
Work locally on a workstation, your files live on the server box.

pranjal7077

Prominent
Mar 23, 2017
Thank you, appreciate your positive and quick response. I actually run an architectural design firm and am tired of having all my work files scattered around different PC's in the office. It becomes very difficult to actually find the final drawings or the latest ones so I thought of buying a Central Server that is robust enough to do the work of atleast 10 personal computers. My main function is Autocad and I also use the same for 3d modeling and then final render in 3ds max. I need the 4 VM's to replace my 4 existing PC's in the office and I want every one to work form the Server itself. Please advice on how I can wouk on Photoshop and 3ds Max. I also hae 2 GPU's installed on the server but they dont seem to accept them into the working system. The fans run fine and the card gets power but there is no way that I can find any drivers for the same. Please help. THank you.

USAFRet

Illustrious
Having the files in one place is a completely different concept than trying to actually run multiple VM's from the same server box.

You can have multiple workstations for the actual work, and have the 'server' be the central file location and storage.
Work locally on a workstation, your files live on the server box.

Solution

USAFRet

Illustrious

And for each OS as well.
VM's count as individual OS installations.