Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 21, 2016
Since I don't have the money for avast cleanup, could anybody help me with these problems and how to solve them?

Services tuning:
iphlpsvc
trk wks

System tweaks:
allow multiple T S sessions
win32 priority seperation

User tweak
foreground lock timeout
hung app timeout
low level hooks timeout
menu show delay
wait to kill app timeout
wait to kill service timeout
beep -it literally just says beep
extended sounds
no internet open with
no resolve track

And how do I find out what the unnecessary applications are and how to get rid of them?

Apr 21, 2016

I already ran CCleaner so I ran FWCT and avast still come up with the same problems. Also, slim cleaner just looks like bloatware/ a PUP

fixitrod

Commendable
Oct 1, 2016
That's funny. Mine came up with the EXACT same thing. These aren't problems though, they are performance tweaks Avast thinks will help.

Solution

Jaosh

Prominent
Feb 15, 2017
Step 1: Go to run.
Step 2: Type "msconfig" without quotes.
Step 3: Look for IP Helper (iphlpsvc) and uncheck it.
Step 4: Look for Distributed Link Tracking Client (trkwks) and uncheck it.
And there you have it, you have completed "Services tuning" issue!
But I'm trying to find out with "System tweaks" and "User tweaks". So please be patient!

inigoman

Prominent
Apr 27, 2017
Avast suggests those programs, iphlpsvc and Trk Wks, should be tuned (turned off?) on my system also. But I see that those programs involve networking. (google what they do.)

I have a data base that is accessed by other computers. I really think that if I let avast turn these off, the other systems will not be able to access my database. I believe they were installed as part of the microsoft sql server for the data base. I think avast is not evaluating what I do, just knowing in general that most people won't need them. So I think it would be wise to know whether what Avast wants to do is right for you before you let it do it.

One site says if you are home use and other computers are not accessing your system, you should be fine turning them off.

Status
Not open for further replies.