Avatar Causes Stroke; Inspires Mountain Name

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bert R

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2009
To all the naysayers about Avatar, of course it was a special effects movie and of course it was a complete ripoff of the Pocahantas/Romeo and Juliet story. Cameron said it himself. But, I would also argue that it completely immersed me in the world, had top-notch acting, never sagged or made me feel like it was dragging on, and yes, had amazing special effects. If all you look for is originality in a story line, but forget to enjoy how good the story is, acting, and direction, then you will miss the forest for the trees.

jfem

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2009
It just happened to be watching the movie but a different event might as well trigger his symptoms, I think.

iboomer

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2009
[citation][nom]demonhorde665[/nom]actualy i'm rather skeptical about how good this movie may or may not be. i mean every thing with this guy's name on it sicnce alien/s has been hailed "the greatest movie ever" and lets face facts ... alien= sc-fi creature/horror movie
.. which are a dime a dozen it really did nothing new , (though it was a fun movie) . Titanic = total turd of a film and most wasted 2 1/2 hours of my lifeso yeah you get the point .. prior to the titanic james cameron's biggest sucess was a quite standard creature flick that only got great kudos for teh effects ( being a quality not seen before at the time) and when i see previews of teh avatar all i see are flashes of ooohh wow effects, and nothgin to really hint at what the story is about so i wil cling to my skeptisim for the time and catch it on dvd /blu ray and if it is really that great of a movie yeah i'll give it credit where it is due .. but so much about this guys career says in all likely hood past teh effects this thing will be standard hat .. or worse a total turd of a movie.[/citation]

You forgot about The Terminator Franchise... and up until Titanic, Terminator was Cameron's largest success.

A good movie is one that lets you forget about everything but what is in front of you for the time that you are there. Avatar did that for me. Was it a GREAT movie, no, but it was way better than average.

I will agree Titanic is a turd.....err DeCaprio is a turd...

mohsh86

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2008
Avatar sucks, its just the visual effect that's been inspired by World of Warcraft in the Outlands continent, i pray to god blizzard will release a phenomenal movie with will 'shake the very foundation of this world'.

Warcraft & World of Warcraft, get's 10/10 for the Lore, design, game engine and graphics for that time, Cinematic are shocking, how about a modern movie then ?

i believe they can make up 5 interesting (non boring like avatar) movies ,2 hours each, just mentioning the old lore of warcraft what is already in the novels and game lore, yet not making up the rest of the story ..

mohsh86

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2008
not to mention, playing WoW on Nvidia 3D Vision rocks more than Avatar, the only thing i saw on 3D in avatar was the subtitles, and when the man shoot the gulf ball.

archange

Distinguished
May 7, 2007
[citation][nom]lightsaber[/nom]And to think I was going to take my Father to go see it!![/citation]

Well, you could take your Mother-in-Law instead ;)

r0x0r

Distinguished
May 9, 2006
[citation][nom]IBOOMER[/nom]...err DeCaprio is a turd...[/citation]

I would have agreed 10 years ago during his teen idol phase (if only out of spite), but not now.

You seen his recent movies? Also make sure to watch "What's Eating Gilbert Grape?".

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS