AVG or Bitdefender ?

Omar VX

Prominent
Aug 11, 2017
Hey everyone , I am little confused between AVG and Bitdefender and I don't know which one is better in performance and which one has a minimal impact on laptop performance while running , can you tell which one is better and has a minimal impact performance on laptop ? Thank you

Solution
I will only talk from personal experience, I use kaspersky currently, I have used AVG, Avira, Avast and also Bitdefender, and I have found bitdefender to find more threats. Yet at same time as long as you keep for at least 2 months those threats in quarantine you will find that bitdefender will alert to many of those extra catches were false postives after updates. At work although this was sometime back when they used Trend Micro, which was so useless to the point I wanted to take an advert out because most companies my side of the world were using it and boy what a piece junk. I managed to talk my boss into allowing me to run AVG on my work pc to prove Trend Micro is not a trend setter and I was right AVG got all PCs working at full...

Omar VX

Prominent
Aug 11, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Omar VX : "AVG or Bitdefener minimum impact ?"

Hey everyone , I just wanna know which one has a minimum impact on laptop's performance AVG or Bitdefender ? Thank you

Avast-Team

Estimable
Mar 3, 2017

Thanks for your feedback. Can you tell us more about exactly what you mean and specifically what you didn't like? You can email us at avast-team@avast.com and we'll be happy to pass this on to our product teams directly.

AVG is part of Avast, and both share many common elements (including the best of both detection technologies.)

We have a lot more features than "just the basics!" If there are certain features you don't want to use, you can do a customized install or simply disable them. If you are referring to notifications, you will see ads for other products in the free versions (it's how we support Free) but these can be turned off if you upgrade.

zer0c007

Notable
Jun 10, 2017
I will only talk from personal experience, I use kaspersky currently, I have used AVG, Avira, Avast and also Bitdefender, and I have found bitdefender to find more threats. Yet at same time as long as you keep for at least 2 months those threats in quarantine you will find that bitdefender will alert to many of those extra catches were false postives after updates. At work although this was sometime back when they used Trend Micro, which was so useless to the point I wanted to take an advert out because most companies my side of the world were using it and boy what a piece junk. I managed to talk my boss into allowing me to run AVG on my work pc to prove Trend Micro is not a trend setter and I was right AVG got all PCs working at full speed again because at that time I was using AVG on my own Pc at home. I used AVG because it allows for manual updates so if i had a pc with no internet connection I could still use AVG to clean it up. Avast is also extremely reliable and again far better in my experience than Trend Micro. Granted I used Trend Micro sometime back and may be now they are top of the ladder but they got paid a nice sum from these companies and I had use AVG at the end of the day so yeah I could not care less about antivirus statistics of today i remember my experience in reality rather than some graph posted around.

Also at times I found Avira to ahead of the game many times, not always but often enough to be noticed by me when I used it but I will happily use avast or avg if they were slightly cheaper at the time of renewal of license because I used them before and I trust. Trend Micro will never see a dime from me because they were rip offs.

Solution