B&N Planning Android-based, Full Color Ereader

Status
Not open for further replies.

ridewya

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2010
I don't know why BN will choose this unstable battery draining OS, I have HTC evo and the operating system either jam constantly or when u turn on the phone it jump into random software and the and the battery runs out in 1 hr.

G

yeah pixel qi!...we already have a comparison between kindle and pixel qi displays...

yao

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2009
[citation][nom]ridewya[/nom]I don't know why BN will choose this unstable battery draining OS, I have HTC evo and the operating system either jam constantly or when u turn on the phone it jump into random software and the and the battery runs out in 1 hr.[/citation]
my two coworkers each has evo, none of them has the issue you said. you may want to restore your device to factory installation. you probably get some kind of virus.

Dirtman73

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2009
[citation][nom]lauxenburg[/nom]Just don't suck as much as the first Nook, and might not be horrible.[/citation]

Have you even used the nook? It's a great device. Aside from the bezel issues, it's a solid piece of tech.

gregor

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2004
[citation][nom]ridewya[/nom]I don't know why BN will choose this unstable battery draining OS, I have HTC evo and the operating system either jam constantly or when u turn on the phone it jump into random software and the and the battery runs out in 1 hr.[/citation]
ummm hardware problem maybe? I dont have any such problems with my desire and i get 2-3 days on a charge.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
I have doubts that Android will make a good e-reader platform. Google said it isn't good for tablets after all, and e-readers can be thought of a specialized tablet.

rasagul

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2010
Not being a big fan of picture books anymore I really don't see the need for a colour screen on an e-book reader.

Graphic novels man......

grumpysonne

Distinguished
May 21, 2009
I have an original Nook and I love it. It's Android based and I've had no problems with it (an occasional reboot and the battery doesn't last as long as I'd like). I was skeptical about the Nook and Kindle but wanted to try them...then when I was given one I turned into a believer. I was lent The Stand in dead tree format and it's killing me holding that thing...and it takes up so much room. I've read over 100 books on the Nook and could hardly be more enthusiastic. The only downside for me is that I can't get all the used books that I get onto it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.