Bad Fps Problem on rog GL551JW laptop

antonverheyen

Prominent
Oct 15, 2017
My asus rog laptop from 2015 (GL551JW) i7 processor and Geforce gtx 960m video card is getting frames way worse than when I bought it back in 2015. I have tried all the cleaners at some point and as far as my anti virus knows of no virus either. I'm getting terrible fps in most games I play with even the lowest settings. When I first got this laptop it would run games around 200-400 fps and now runs at around 20. Any help? If needed I have more specs. Thanks.

Edit: looking back it was windows 8.1 at factory release and I updated to windows ten half a year or so back. Any clues about the compatibility of windows 10 with my laptop

itzzcarter

Prominent
Nov 1, 2017
This could be caused by a lot of reasons, it could be just worn out, but i highly doubt that. Try clicking on the windows search button and enter task manager and click on that if your disk or anything is almost full remove some programs you dont need. Also check your memory if you need more uninstall some programs or get a hard drive. If I helped please upvote my post! Thanks -Carter

antonverheyen

Prominent
Oct 15, 2017

Hey, thanks for answering! Sadly I have to say I have tried that. I have noticed that my usage of ram and CPU never goes above 50%. I have tried to update all my drivers that I can find. The video driver off the asus website is only slowing my computer down. Any help is appreciated