Batman: Arkham Asylum Goes 3D in GOTY Ed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tethoma

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2009
Great game. I do wonder however if a 3d game that requires constant moving will make people nauseous.

I know that Avatar was starting to make me sick initially, and I need to give my eyes a break every 20 minutes or so.

logitic

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2009
I don't get it... you still have to wear those goofy glasses. I saw the new Sony 3d tv's that are actually 3d without wearing the shades, and they looked awesome. I couldn't afford one even if they cut the prices in half. But I do like were the technology is heading.

JohnnyLucky

Distinguished
May 30, 2007
I've read articles indicating that players with bad eyesight might experience headaches, dizziness, and nausea. In addition, the few demo's I saw at Fry's Electronics did not look very good.

bogcotton

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2009
[citation][nom]the_krasno[/nom]What about us ATI users?[/citation]
the 3d this is talking about will work on ATI as well.

lightsaber

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2009
How about the people who bought last year's version will that be in 3D....kind of messed up to have to go and re-buy something you already have just because of 3D...imo

drip50291

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
This 3D shit is retarded I feel like everyone is from the 80's acting like this is all new exciting shit. I WANT HOLOGRAMS ASSHOLES. work on it

rtfm

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2007
[citation][nom]Drip50291[/nom]This 3D shit is retarded I feel like everyone is from the 80's acting like this is all new exciting shit. I WANT HOLOGRAMS ASSHOLES. work on it[/citation]

+1 Very eloquently put :p

Chris_TC

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010
There's not much info out on this Trioviz 3d technology, but it appears that it's a simple post-processed implementation and won't even come close to true stereoscopic 3d.

djab

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2009
[citation][nom]the_krasno[/nom]What about us ATI users?[/citation]

Use IZ3D driver.
I already use that to play games in stereo3D on a laptop with an ATI mobility radeon HD3400 gpu (good with Torchlight).
I have not tried that with Batman yet but in other games the IZ3D driver's optimised anaglyph mode is better than normal Nvidia anaglyph mode (tested on a desktop with Nvidia gpu).

esquire468

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
[citation][nom]tethoma[/nom]Great game. I do wonder however if a 3d game that requires constant moving will make people nauseous. I know that Avatar was starting to make me sick initially, and I need to give my eyes a break every 20 minutes or so.[/citation]

+1. I also had to take the glasses off every now and then. In fact, I can't stand the 3D, and will not be seeing another movie like that. Don't know what the big deal was with the 3D. most of the 3D was environmental and merely gratuitous. As Matt Foley would say, "Whoop-Dee-Freakin-Doo".

Chris_TC

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010
Why are people giving me negative feedback? The Trioviz press release and homepage state that the system barely impacts game performance and uses Z buffer data to create more depth.

This strongly suggests that the system does not generate a true left and right view of the scene (stereoscopy) but instead fakes depth based on Z-distance. This is prone to cause artifacts and simply cannot look as good as true stereoscopic 3d.

cloakster

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2007
The stupid colors used just ruins it...you can easily tell that u are wearing coloured glasses while watching it. They should have used the type of glasses used in today's movies which properly takes advantage of polarization.

Status
Not open for further replies.