Batman's 1st Appearance Bids over $400K

Status
Not open for further replies.

False_Dmitry_II

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2009
Seconded. It does make me want to go all archaeologist for profit through everyone's attics and stuff. I'm sure there's a few of these in places where noone knows nor cares what it is.

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
[citation][nom]welshmousepk[/nom]i wonder how many lives you could save with 400k dollars?...[/citation]
No idea why this was voted down, but I agree with the sentiment. $400,000 for a comic book is pretty damn wasteful.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
I prefer Batman over Superman because all and all in the end, he's only human. A normal(ish) man trying to make the world a better place, one curb stomp at a time. =)

I would rather the first Batmobile George Barris made however (met the guy though, really cool. It was awesome, he came to a car show to Canada, and for the first time in his life he felt snow).

gwolfman

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2007
Did anyone look at the auction? In particular, the shots of the advertisement page. Look in the section about "Throwing Your Voice"... The Ventrilo... Lol!

G

gwolf: "Lots of fun fooling teacher, policeman, and friends." Sounds like a recipe for an early life in crime to me!! LOL

And right underneath, the Climbing Glove Monkey!

cobra5000

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2008
Ill bet the Batmobile goes for less than $400k, it isn't nearly as old. If i had that kind of money, hell yeah, i would buy it!

jimmysmitty

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
[citation][nom]cobra5000[/nom]Ill bet the Batmobile goes for less than $400k, it isn't nearly as old. If i had that kind of money, hell yeah, i would buy it![/citation]

Well depends on which one. The Tim Burton Batmobile was just a 78 Vette T-Top so it would not be more than $30K for good condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.