Solved! Battery draining apps.

Solution
You need google services for many things on the device, so there really is no way to turn it off without consequences to the device. It is likely not the problem as it is on almost all Android devices.

Try starting up the phone in "Safe Mode" and see if the battery drains fast in there. You won't be able to use most apps, but you can see if the problem stops while in there. If it does, then you likely have a bad app (there are apps that are problems), a virus or malware on the device that would need to be removed.

If it still continues while in "Safe Mode" then you may well need to have the battery replaced.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the phone.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see...
You should be able to (on most phones) do the following to find out the information you want.

1. Go into "Settings".
  2. Locate and tap to open "Battery".
  3. Scroll down and you should find a list of apps and the percentage they are or have used.

Additionally, movies, videos, games, etc., things that have a lot of graphics, will use a lot of power.

Also, remember, that leaving apps open, even if you aren't actively using them at the time, will continue to drain the battery. So, rather than just moving to a different app, it is wise to actually close other apps when not actively using to cut down on battery drain.

dschmidt

Great
Oct 22, 2018
You should be able to (on most phones) do the following to find out the information you want.

1. Go into "Settings".
  2. Locate and tap to open "Battery".
  3. Scroll down and you should find a list of apps and the percentage they are or have used.
Additionally, movies, videos, games, etc., things that have a lot of graphics, will use a lot of power.

Also, remember, that leaving apps open, even if you aren't actively using them at the time, will continue to drain the battery. So, rather than just moving to a different app, it is wise to actually close other apps when not actively using to cut down on battery drain.

I tried this, and turned off my WIFI (never use it) but I'd like to turn off my google Services, but it won't let me. Is there a way to turn it off? Samsung Galaxy II Thanks!

You need google services for many things on the device, so there really is no way to turn it off without consequences to the device. It is likely not the problem as it is on almost all Android devices.

Try starting up the phone in "Safe Mode" and see if the battery drains fast in there. You won't be able to use most apps, but you can see if the problem stops while in there. If it does, then you likely have a bad app (there are apps that are problems), a virus or malware on the device that would need to be removed.

If it still continues while in "Safe Mode" then you may well need to have the battery replaced.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the phone.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.

Solution