Battery Problems with Acer Laptop

kylebraxton

Honorable
Oct 5, 2013
I hope I'm posting this in the right thing. I'm currently having A LOT of trouble with my battery. It's quite a long story so I'll shorten it as best I can. My laptop is an Acer Aspire 5750 by the way.

My previous battery got the usual 'needs replacing' thing on the taskbar. I purchased a battery off Ebay and it wasn't long until I received it but from that point on there's been problems. My previous battery had 4400MAHS while the one sent out had 5200mahs. So when I attempted to charge the new battery, it took a very long time. [At one point it took about four hours to get from 29% to 42%]. I know the new battery has more mahs but I'm sure it shouldn't take four hours to charge like 15 percent or something. I sent the battery back and I got another new one. But more problems came up with the new one. When it got to 60%, it started to go down..even though it was still plugged it. It did eventually go back up in percentage, but it happened again and when plugged it, it keeps going down. Like I said, I know it should take longer to charge cause it has more mahs but it shouldn't take this long.

I've emailed the seller, as well as Acer and three other people about this problem but no one is giving me good enough advice with this. [And Acer Support is literally the worst thing ever.] I have a theory, which Acer said isn't a problem but i'm not quite sure.

I have recently also purchased a new charger. The charger charges my previous battery [the 4400MAHS] one with ease but not the 5200MAHS one. I was wondering that maybe the charging isn't like..powerful enough or something to charge it?

I hope this all makes sense. I've explained it countless times to people and I just really want a straight forward answer.

I've also tried most of the solutions for it. [AKA draining the battery, taking out the battery, holding down the on button for 30 seconds without the battery in it, etc]

Solution
its best to stick with parts that the manufacture suggests replacements from the manufacture or oem that you can find and cost half price the MAHS should be the same because the circuitry is been manufactured to charge a specific battery. if the manufacture hasn't made this circuitry to handle bigger capacity batteries you might experience slower chargers or even not able to fully charge your battery.which this is what happening in your case.best is to send it back if they accept it and get lower MAHS.

JOHNN93

Honorable
Oct 3, 2013
when the laptop is plugged in and running do you experience any discharge of the battery?like the powen cord is not atached to it but is atached?is this what you mean?
well if this is the case it is not the battery.the problem in most acer's is the dc power jack and repaired a few my self.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R02JWpfVDvc
you can attempted to repair the power jack what happens is that the black wire gets cut off due to low quality soldering from the manufacture.re soldering it back on will fix the problem i did one before 12 months on a aspire 6920 g and is working fine ever since.
be advised if you are not a skilled technician and aren't familiar with electronics do not attempt to do this yourself you might cause irreparable damaged or even get injured.if the laptop is still under warranty take it back to your dealer.attempting to open the laptop will void your warranty!!!!

kylebraxton

Honorable
Oct 5, 2013

Yes. It's all plugged in and it says it's charging. [On the battery taskbar thing, it doesn't say 'plugged in, not charging' It does say charging] But it discharges itself anyways. But like I said, this only happens with the 5200 one and not my previous 4400 one.

So if it works with my previous battery, then I don't think it means that the dc power jack is broken. The problems I described above only happened with my new 5200mAh battery.

I'm just wondering if there's like..a reason for this or if I should purchase another 4400 battery?

Also my laptop isn't under warranty anymore. It ran out last year. I sent it back last year to acer to get the keyboard fixed as well as a replacement battery. [They sent me back a 4400 battery I have now, that has the 'needs replacing' note on it now] Hence the new battery change. I also don't even want to attempt taking my laptop part because knowing me I'll probably damage it more. xD

JOHNN93

Honorable
Oct 3, 2013
its best to stick with parts that the manufacture suggests replacements from the manufacture or oem that you can find and cost half price the MAHS should be the same because the circuitry is been manufactured to charge a specific battery. if the manufacture hasn't made this circuitry to handle bigger capacity batteries you might experience slower chargers or even not able to fully charge your battery.which this is what happening in your case.best is to send it back if they accept it and get lower MAHS.

Solution

tomloaf

Estimable
Jan 3, 2015

Did you ever find the solution ot this issue as i have the same problem

kylebraxton

Honorable
Oct 5, 2013

This forum is over a year old and I can't fully remember what I did. (as that I have a new laptop now) but I pinned down the reason to being that whatever charger I had was not charging my new battery properly (since it had more MAHS than the last). I'm assuming you got another battery as well and are having the same problem? So, you need to buy another battery that has the same stats etc as your previous one because right now, I'm assuming the charger you have doesn't have enough power to withstand your current new(?) battery.

tomloaf

Estimable
Jan 3, 2015

That is sadly what i think will be the solution but i wasn't sure if you found a software issue that could be fixed

TRENDING THREADS