Battery problems

evolution53

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2011
I have a Fujitsu Siemens Lifebook E4010 and recently it has started randomly shuting down and I've found it very difficult to start and it's got to the point where it is pretty much not functioning in the sense of being able to use it. I was given it and it was already second hand at that point so I am not sure how old it is and I was wondering if it could be the battery that needs replacing. I would be very grateful for any help in this matter. Thanks Jeff

electrontau

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2010
Laptop battery are supposed to be charged and discharged. If you keep the AC adapter plugged in all the time, the battery is constantly been charged. The result is shorter battery lifetime. It happened to me.

So if AC adapter is plugged in all the time, remove the battery and store it in a dry cool place.

And new laptop buyers: create the recovery discs right after the buying the laptop. You will regret if the hard drive fails and cannot access the recovery partition.

evolution53

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2011
Thank you for replying. I have taken the battery out and will leave it out for a few days. Will this help the battery recover? Does my problem sound to you as though it is being caused by the battery then? Should I buy a new one and would this rectify the problem? Thanks Jeff

Adelaideny

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, I have encountered this problem, and my friend suggested that if i am not long-term to use AC adapter, battery and power supply, it is best to leave the laptop battery 40% - 50% more than allowed to self-discharge power, if not, then let the battery from the battery discharge, it is easy to appear problems or even scrapped.

TRENDING THREADS