Battlefield 4 Review: Multiplayer Masterpiece

Status
Not open for further replies.

cats_Paw

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2007
One of the things that bothers me a lot nowdays in gaming is that Studios relese new games with almost no improvment, only to drag multiplayer to their new title. This leaves previous titles almost empty, forcing everyone to buy the new game if you want to play multi.

Even a free game like tribes ascend has suffered from this as so many titles really spread out the interest in one game or another. This deeply saddenes me as it means that the current generation of gamers is uncapable of truely loving a game and sticking with it (thus it probably also reflects their personality in human relations).

G

Battlefield 1942 is given away for free now by Origin, and there is no shortage of online players.

G

Battlefield 1942 is given away for free now by Origin, and there is no shortage of online players.

Sep 22, 2013
I understand the sentiment that "nothing has changed" but in many ways, that's a good thing about BF. There are some welcome changes from BF3, some things that are very different and some things people have complained/suggested to DICE that they want to bring back (which actually DO get taken into account by DICE) such as C4 for Support, rather than Recon.

The weapon customization has been improved, the graphics are a nice step up, but not hugely better than BF3, although I found myself admiring how real somethings look during an MP game last night (only to get shot whilst day dreaming), and the maps are even bigger, and very well balanced for the most part.

Even with the bugs that the game has had so far, I think any fan of BFBC2 and BF3 are very happy with the gameplay. Fans of older BF games have likely not seen as much as they want because of the modernization factors as well as the fact that about 1/2 the maps haven't been in cycle on a lot of servers due to specific issues w/those maps causing crashes.

The only complaint I have right now is getting stuck on a cardboard box that "feels" like it's made of cement instead of cardboard (rather than BF3 where it would just smash like real cardboard).

I would say if you were a fan of BFBC2 and BF3, you'd do yourself an injustice not to play this game.

drezzz

Honorable
Oct 6, 2013
BF4 is BF3 with more bugs and atrocious netcode. If you don't know what that means, then you can safely buy BF4. I can't think of any reason I would recommend the game, especially to anyone who owns BF3 or BFBC2 (which BTW is still the best out of the 3).

Gypsymob19

Honorable
Nov 16, 2013
This game is garbage all the sessions keep failing you cannot play conquest. I am really disappointed. I am calling up and I'm demanding my money back I want a refund Another disappointment just like Battlefield3 Why can't they just fixed the servers

beauthree

Honorable
Nov 16, 2013
@gypsymob19 wow... You are a perfect example of the shallow mouth breathers that infest the gaming community. i'm not saying that bf4 doesn't have issues because it clearly does, but every multiplayer game out there has issues when it first comes out. your disappointed?? If you actually played the game for more then 5 minutes and, have, at least, the mental capabilities of a lesser primate, would never be able to say that about any AAA game. hell i MW3 was terrible, but still, i would rate it at lowest a 6.5., and everyone knows the game was completely derivative. That may seem like a shock, but the truth is that most of these huge games are being pumped out and like royal families, their ingenuity and appeal to a humanityy is being scrapped away because they are sleeping with their cousins. If you knew anything about games, you should of been awestruck at seeing the capabilities of the frostbite 3 engine. Stop and think about how much work goes into making a game like battlefield 4. Saying it is garbage is offensive, to me inpart, because of your ignorance to see the hard work that was put into that game. Video games are, before all else, art. The creativity to make intricate maps and still somehow make all of the classes more or less balanced is a huge feat to their profession. You think that because you just bought the game for sixty dollars that you "own" it. you, my romanian friend, are naive. Along with most of the current generation, you are ignorant to the meaning and symbolism of the words you blurt (or type) over the hissy fits of getting kicked offline. their servers are having issues with the load of people playing it. It's not as simple as restarting a computer. Also, you should not try to demand a refund. you should thank them for creating something amazing like this game. Beauty lies in the flaws of the creation itself. you are being given the right and privilage to play this game. You own a mere copy of the game, which is like having a ticket to a concert, saying ya you can listen to the band, but you do not own the band. Read the fine print. Also, if you were old enough to play the legend of Zelda or the Original Mario Brothers, think how far gaming has come along. As, a hardcore gamer, i find people like you rash, immature, and maddening. You give the rest of us a bad name... Now, do the world a favor, please be quiet if you don't have something atleast resembling creative critisism to say. if you can't do that, i would suggest building a time machine, go back to a few weeks before your born, find your mom, and stab her in the stomache so your birth never happens and noone has to deal with you shit. GOOD DAY!

beauthree

Honorable
Nov 16, 2013
@gypsymob19 wow... You are a perfect example of the shallow mouth breathers that infest the gaming community. i'm not saying that bf4 doesn't have issues because it clearly does, but every multiplayer game out there has issues when it first comes out. your disappointed?? If you actually played the game for more then 5 minutes and, have, at least, the mental capabilities of a lesser primate, would never be able to say that about any AAA game. hell i MW3 was terrible, but still, i would rate it at lowest a 6.5., and everyone knows the game was completely derivative. That may seem like a shock, but the truth is that most of these huge games are being pumped out and like royal families, their ingenuity and appeal to a humanityy is being scrapped away because they are sleeping with their cousins. If you knew anything about games, you should of been awestruck at seeing the capabilities of the frostbite 3 engine. Stop and think about how much work goes into making a game like battlefield 4. Saying it is garbage is offensive, to me inpart, because of your ignorance to see the hard work that was put into that game. Video games are, before all else, art. The creativity to make intricate maps and still somehow make all of the classes more or less balanced is a huge feat to their profession. You think that because you just bought the game for sixty dollars that you "own" it. you, my romanian friend, are naive. Along with most of the current generation, you are ignorant to the meaning and symbolism of the words you blurt (or type) over the hissy fits of getting kicked offline. their servers are having issues with the load of people playing it. It's not as simple as restarting a computer. Also, you should not try to demand a refund. you should thank them for creating something amazing like this game. Beauty lies in the flaws of the creation itself. you are being given the right and privilage to play this game. You own a mere copy of the game, which is like having a ticket to a concert, saying ya you can listen to the band, but you do not own the band. Read the fine print. Also, if you were old enough to play the legend of Zelda or the Original Mario Brothers, think how far gaming has come along. As, a hardcore gamer, i find people like you rash, immature, and maddening. You give the rest of us a bad name... Now, do the world a favor, please be quiet if you don't have something atleast resembling creative critisism to say. if you can't do that, i would suggest building a time machine, go back to a few weeks before your born, find your mom, and stab her in the stomache so your birth never happens and noone has to deal with you shit. GOOD DAY!

Jun 10, 2013
@beauthree I think that gypsymob19 was complaining about the servers, not the game itself. Nothing you said in your TL;DR dis made any sense. Also, a Gypsy is a "Romani" not "Romanian". You would know that if you had "the mental capabilities of a lesser primate".

dancovich

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2011
@drezzz BF3 launched with a crapton of bugs. If you compare a just released BF4 to a 2 to 3 yo BF3 sure BF4 will have more bugs.

Also the netcode was buggy at launch, with a huge sync error that made you die because someone shot a 3 minute old version of yourself to them. This bug was already fixed and I now find the netcode in BF4 very improved over that of BF3.

Status
Not open for further replies.