Beats Electronics and Monster Part Ways

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

soo-nah-mee

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
[citation][nom]n3ard3ath[/nom]To the guys talking about bitrates, is 320bit mp3 almost as good as lossless audio?[/citation]To an average person with average speakers / headphones there is likely no discernible difference.
To an audiophile with high end sound reproduction equipment, there is a definite difference,

Zebble

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2011
Good riddance M*nster. Maybe Beats will finally be affordable.
Was a loyal M*nster customer until they started suing everyone who used the name M*nster in their company/product name. Have left M*nster unspelled in this posting to avoid the potential of being sued!

redeye

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2005
the bowers-wilkens p5 headphones! FTW. i have them... while the the slightly veiled sound disappears, they have great IMO bass and natural sound. of course not as great (natural sound) as the shure 535's but the p5's are a lot cheaper.

redeye

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2005
320 mp3 is worst than 320 or 256 AAC(mp4)... lossless has the soul of music that AAC loses somewhat. MP3(256) make my ears hurt after about 30 seconds. when listening to lossless vs 256(itunes) it is a toss-up to what i prefer when i listen on the bus, background music is enough, so i prefer the "straight-ahead" soundfield that the itunes version seems to provide. or the crappier the headphones the harder it is to tell the difference between lossless and 256AAC(itunes)

Taylor422

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2010
I think about getting high end speakers, and then I remember it's only going to magnify the problem of my low quality audio. That's the problem with going audiophile, in my opinion. There doesn't seem to be enough lossless music.I'll convert when I can get convert my entire library to lossless.

G

Mr. Lee has expensive tastes in exotic cars an luxury items... so the headphones, and the $10 cable made in China and sold here for $200 is a requirement to feed his lifestyle.

papaswedine

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2011
[citation][nom]sykozis[/nom]Think someone should check the numbers again. There's no possible way that they account for 53% of the headphone industry....maybe 53% of Monster's headphone business....but it's impossible for Beats to account for 53% of the headphone industry.[/citation]

Agreed...

fb39ca4

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2011
I didn't even know they were related until now...I'm actually not surprised now. Overpriced shitty headphones + overpriced shitty cables makes a lot of sense.

nekromobo

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2008
[citation][nom]Taylor422[/nom]I think about getting high end speakers, and then I remember it's only going to magnify the problem of my low quality audio. That's the problem with going audiophile, in my opinion. There doesn't seem to be enough lossless music.I'll convert when I can get convert my entire library to lossless.[/citation]

Try Pioneer Elite-series / sc-lx in europe. Does wonders even to the worst sources.

Im using Sennheiser 595 on the computer (not through amp) and got Beats solo HD. Both are good, beats are better for travel. You really cant make travelling in train/plane "a audiophile"-experience now can you even with 1k$ portable players.

squidz66

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2010
Blimey!
I thought the whole mandate for 'beats' was to provide a better aural experience from mobile devices.
Not to merely reinvent the bloody 'ear-trumpet' which has served Thatcher since 'Disraeli Gears'!

A lack of nous leading to withdrawing a poorly bandage will surely lend ones-self to an Apple.

Status
Not open for further replies.