Beats Wireless - Only one side works on Bluetooth, Both sides work on a wired connection

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DearlyDeparted

Honorable
Nov 29, 2012
Hi Forum,

I recently got a pair of Beats wireless (2013 model) handed to me to fix, but I can't figure out the problem.

On bluetooth only the right side (controller side) works the other is dead.., but when i plug them in using the 3mm jack both side work perfectly.

I'm guess is they are not under warranty and can't be returned. I also tried the reset method on the beats support site, but the headphones just don't want to do it.

Thanks for any and all help.

kaz110267

Prominent
Oct 20, 2017
I've also had this problem with mine having no sound on the left when connected via Bluetooth, I've just been on the online chat with Apple and they said they could repair them but I would have to pay as they are 8 months out of warranty so I mentioned the UK Consumer Law and they are now fixing them for free

tnlightle

Prominent
Nov 17, 2017
This worked for me when nothing else would. Now the headphones work flawlessly.
Shut down your headphones.
Get denatured alcohol and a Q-Tip. Peel a little cotton off the end of the Q-Tip so it will fit in the headphone jack. Saturate the end of the Q-tip with the denatured alcohol. Shove the Q-tip into the headphone port and spin it around, making sure to get the alcohol everywhere inside there.
Wait for the alcohol to evaporate. Turn on the headphones and check the sound.
Worked for me first time.

mvrht

Prominent
Dec 28, 2017
THIS WORKS WITH ALL BEATS SOLOS:

The Comments

Commendable
Jan 20, 2017

this I the solution. Works for me and my Cowin E7s. Just jiggle the aux chord in the socket and push at different angles and you'll get audio again.

Apr 8, 2018

Hey man! I was having the same problem with bluetooth with my computer. I looked in my bluetooth settings and found that somehow my audio settings got panned completely to one side. I put it back in the middle and it fixed it! Hope this hopefully helps you, or at least someone having this issue!
Jerron

Jun 25, 2018

This just worked for me!! After everything else didn’t, I just used the aux lead (not connected to anything) and tapped around the earphone insert hole whilst playing music. Sound back in both ears, how bizarre!!
Thank you !

Dec 26, 2018
I had the exact same problem. After trying resetting, aluminum foil, using the plugging technique, etc. without solving the issue and just getting sloppy results (just one side working, connecting via bluetooth but no sound ) I took apart the right side of the headphones, then pushed gently the little metal sheets of the plug. I believe the malfunction was due to wear and bad contact of the cable plug that made the headphones act all funny. Anyway, I did that and they are working just fine, both bluetooth and aux cord. Be careful because there are several tiny cables welded to the board and can be broken easily. Hope this helps.
GXZWR254mTSeoOPo.huge

Mar 24, 2022
Guys i got the solution..... this problem might occur but a simple solution is-
FOR MAC-
Go to system preferences and click the sound option.......... them select beats wireless and get the BALANCE button to the middle

I dont know for others but this might be helpful
Cheers
Lucifer9878
This just worked for me. I pressed Output and moved the Balance to middle and voila, I could hear in both ears again. This was driving me batty. Thank you!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.