Beep After I Plug/Unplug Charger from Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaylorNotThatSwift

Honorable
Jun 15, 2014
My laptop's battery was dead, so I plugged it into the charger. My computer refused to turn on, even after charging. I completely turned it off, took out the charger, and removed the battery and put it back in again. Now, when I take out the charger or put it back in, I get one single loud beep. The computer still wont turn, and I don't know what the problem is. I have a Lenovo G505 laptop. Thanks.

morgilroka

Honorable
Jul 16, 2012
Is it one loud beep or a series of beeps? Usually the beeps indicate a circuit issue. Try unplugging the battery & plug your laptop Directly into the wall, then turn one ( without battery installed).. Still beeps?

TaylorNotThatSwift

Honorable
Jun 15, 2014

It's one single loud beep. I plugged it in without the battery in it and it doesn't beep.

morgilroka

Honorable
Jul 16, 2012
Does it boot without the battery? if it does, this is a battery issue and you're likely going to have to buy a replacement. You can run the computer without battery in the meantime... but this kind of defeats the purpose of a laptop!

Joydeep Paul

Estimable
Jul 1, 2015

Did you get a solution to your problem ? I have a similar problem and am facing the same problem. Please help. Thank you

TaylorNotThatSwift

Honorable
Jun 15, 2014

What I ended up doing was shipping it to Lenovo and they fixed it. It was a bad motherboard. I didn't even know my laptop was under warranty. Lenovo has really good customer service, so do a bit of research, your laptop could still be under warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.