Bell to Track Canadian Phone, TV and Internet Habits for Ads

Status
Not open for further replies.

nukemaster

Distinguished
Good thing I do not use bell :)

Not that I do not think all others will follow this trend in time.

Still better to get ads about computer hardware and audio than online dating.

chicofehr

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2012
The privacy commissioner in Canada has lots of power so I hope he says no to it. The last thing I want is all my personal info being stored for the NSA to hack later. I'm on Telus but if Bell is given the OK to do it then Rogers and Telus will follow suit because there is big money in selling our info to others like Google or the NSA or instance.

thechief73

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2010
Sad... just sad. Everyone on this planet is a slave to BIG brother and BIG corp. If you think you have freedoms and rights you are a fool. (Insert whatever higher being you believe in here) and hope he/she/them saves us all. You sneeze they keep records in a file, and then sell it to whomever wants to know you sneezed. This is now on file somewhere also.

thechief73

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2010
Sad... just sad. Everyone on this planet is a slave to BIG brother and BIG corp. If you think you have freedoms and rights you are a fool. (Insert whatever higher being you believe in here) and hope he/she/them saves us all. You sneeze they keep records in a file, and then sell it to whomever wants to know you sneezed. This is now on file somewhere also.

stevo777

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2008
Funny you should do a story on this kind of thing when you are pushing amazon adds in my face for an obscure musical product that I checked out yesterday--something that there is no way that it would just be shown to me at random. You are participating in this sort of behavior that you are writing about.

invlem

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2008
Considering our privacy laws in Canada haven't completely been obliterated yet like other countries, it will be interesting to see if this new policy survives

hydac7

Honorable
Sep 17, 2012
Collecting search terms , pages visited what the hell is up with this s#it , I want my company to know nothing , what I do online is my business and no one else's

alquejol

Honorable
Nov 17, 2013
Is there a way to stop you own IP from tracking you? I use Duckduckgo but I don't think it can block bell tracking, Ghostery neither.

Status
Not open for further replies.