Best $1000 gaming/editing laptop?

Landocommando321

Estimable
Jul 30, 2015
So I edit wedding films (1080p and sometimes 4k) and I need a good laptop to handle that. I also would like to be able to play some games on it (Mostly indie games, but also some AAA games). My budget is around $1000, but I might be able to stretch it a little if needed.

I already purchased and returned the Acer Predator helios 300, which seemed to be the perfect laptop for me, but it had a bad install of windows which caused it to stop working and I couldn't even reinstall windows. Should I try that laptop again or go for something like the MSI GL62M (1050ti) or the Asus FX502VM (3gb 1060, but bad screen). Other suggestions? (Preferably with a 1060)

Solution
You need to pay more attention to the processor than the graphics card. For 4k editing, Alienware 18 is your best option buy certainly out of budget.

As much as I hate to say this, you might be better off buying a MacBook.

Here are some good windows options:

ASUS K501UW-AB78 15.6-inch
Acer Aspire VX 15 Gaming Laptop
Dell Inspiron i5577-7359BLK-PUS
Lenovo Z70 80FG00DCUS 17 inch Laptop

Acer Aspire being my preferred option.

Hope this helped :D

mbilal2

Prominent
Jun 15, 2017
You need to pay more attention to the processor than the graphics card. For 4k editing, Alienware 18 is your best option buy certainly out of budget.

As much as I hate to say this, you might be better off buying a MacBook.

Here are some good windows options:

ASUS K501UW-AB78 15.6-inch
Acer Aspire VX 15 Gaming Laptop
Dell Inspiron i5577-7359BLK-PUS
Lenovo Z70 80FG00DCUS 17 inch Laptop

Acer Aspire being my preferred option.

Hope this helped :D

Solution

Landocommando321

Estimable
Jul 30, 2015

Thanks for the suggestions, I probably should have said that I use my current desktop for editing 50% of the time and gaming and random tasks the other 50%. I don't do much 4k editing (usually only a couple clips). The $1000 Acer Predator Helios 300 was more than powerful enough for me based on the 2 videos I was able to edit on it and the games I ran laglessly at ultra before the computer stopped working. It is also fair to note that I can't really use the $1000 macbook for editing because of the small screen and because Premiere Pro is not optimized for Mac. I had a friend come over and we compared render times between his macbook and the acer helios 300 and it left his in the dust and gaming on a mac is an obvious no. I will probably end up going for the VX 15, giving the predator another try, or going for the MSI or Asus. Thanks!

mbilal2

Prominent
Jun 15, 2017

It is just over 1000$ right now. It deserves to be on my list! Looks like a solid laptop. Now that you have mentioned you have a PC, it makes more sense. Leave an up vote and select the answer as the solution if you think it helped.

Cheers :)