Best 400-500$ gaming laptop

LekaMiftari

Honorable
Jan 12, 2014
I want to buy a new laptop but my budget is around 450 dollars. I plan doing video editing in this laptop and gaming. I will play most of the games on Med-High settings. I mainly need it for Minecraft. So, what is the best laptop for my budget and what I'll do with it.

P.S. If you cannot find anything, show me a pc build for my budget.

Thanks.

excursion

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013
It is hard to find a gaming laptop for under $800 dollars and i will explain why .

Mobile graphics chips are expensive with the more power they have for instance most typical 300-400 dollar laptops will use Intel graphics to cut the cost of production. and the Intel chip is notorious at playing games, some others use a very low end radeon or geforce graphics thats way out of date to play a game on high settings.

My solution : Save your cash a bit long up to the 800 dollar range or so . then find one with a decent Intel Chip 8 gigs of rams and a nice graphics card. such as a geforce 500m series or even better by a few months even the big boy 600m series will be lower .

ubercake

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
excursion hit the nail on the head. I'd even venture to say you'll want to spend near $1500 or more for a decent gaming laptop; not even a great one at $1500. There is a real issue with heat in a gaming laptop that has to be mitigated. This raises the price even more as you look at those with better video cards.

The other bad thing about using a laptop for gaming, is you can't upgrade the graphics card.

If you're playing MMORPG type games, you can get by with lower end laptops with lower-end discrete video solutions in them, though they are going to run around $1K whereas if you built a desktop with the same graphics power, it would probably cost you around half that.

excursion

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013
without touching it physically i can not verify a certain model, i would however point you to online reviews and maybe a potential you tube review of the product. i did glance over the specs the CPU seems fine , the amount of ram is applicable and the storage all seems fine, however the review i read said it has a strong graphics card but didn't go into detail as to how strong . like uber said heat will be a factor with high end laptop parts i had a xps dell that would burn your leg after 30 mins of world of warcraft .

but i would read as many reviews as you can for each model your looking at , if they list parts then look up those parts see if its quality enough for the software your looking at using.

There could be many models of the Acer you are referring to. If it's the one with a nVidia GT 540m graphics card, then it should be decent enough. Intel's current integrated graphics core, the HD 4600 is rated about equal to the GT 540m from 2011. In terms of other nVidia chips it falls between the GT 710m and the GT 720m.

TRENDING THREADS