Best All-in-One Printers 2014 (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cayrick

Estimable
Mar 21, 2014
The HP8600 is a good printer but has a serious hardware defect. The touchscreen will wash out to the point where it cannot be used. This makes copying and faxing challenging. Check out the HP support forums before you buy this one. I am at the point of throwing mine out as missing the touchscreen makes it too frustrating to enjoy. HP does not offer a replacement part for this.

2cranes

Estimable
Apr 16, 2014
Poor performance by the Epson WorkForce WF-3540 is a big disappointment.This printer fails to make the grade when it comes to printing graphics or photos. No matter what I do to remedy the problem, 99% of my graphics and photographs have mis-colored bars running through the image field. It is not fulfilling my primary purpose for buying this printer. Cleaning the nozzles fails to cure the problem - nothing works! I will just have to let my husband use this for straight printing of documents and find a replacement for my graphics and photo print work.

Arne Schedin

Estimable
Dec 14, 2014
Lot of people saying it's best with 5 cartridges cause you only change the one that is empty. On my Canon Pixma MP640 I can't write anything, not even black text if one of the other cartridges are empty. That's just stupid!

seansimons15

Estimable
Feb 12, 2015
Thank you for breaking this down into different categories. It would be great to have the Canon Pixma MG5620, but as a small business owner it is out of my price range, and it is more than I need. I think I will look into the HP OfficeJet 4630.

http://www.abcoe.com

Kulti Vator

Estimable
Apr 2, 2015
> Arne Schedin

On the MP640 it can be persuaded to continue printing in a low ink condition (at least it can from within Windows 7). It does offer a warning, but if a coloured ink is out and you're only printing a mono text document, this works fine for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.